Zucchini Noodles & Homemade Chicken Sausage

I went out and ran home with a Zucchini noodle maker yesterday. It is actually a french fry maker so the noodles are a little larger. I was not sure we would like it as well as the one that makes a smaller version but it was on sale for 14.99 at Sur La Table. We found we LOVE it. I actually have another one on order from Amazon that will be here next week however since I live in two locations I decided to go ahead and try this one out. I am so glad I did.
I also brought home organic ground chicken and decided to make sausage out of it and toss together a stir fry just to try out the new zucchini noodles.... WOW!!! The chicken sausage was so easy to put together and had the exact sausage taste you would expect from your favorite breakfast sausage.
It was an amazing dish together. Mark loved it so much he was looking through the frig today for lunch hoping there were leftovers. I had to promise to make it again soon.
Mark loves the flavor of the Jimmy Dean Maple flavored sausage and I like sausage with a little kick so I went looking for ways to recreate it. I think this first try is my keeper. We both felt this combination it hit the target.


Housemade chicken sausage & zucchini noodle stir fry

Homemade Chicken Sausage

1 lb ground chicken
1tsp fennel seed
3/4 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp sage
1/2 tsp marjoram
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp dried chili peppers
1/4 tsp heaping gr all spice
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
1/2 TBS sugar free maple syrup


Zucchini Stir Fry

4 med zucchinis
1 med white onion
1 lb crimini mushrooms

Preperation: With hands mix all sausage ingredients together so herbs are blended.
Brown sausage in non stick skillet or wok. Take out and set aside. Add Zucchini to pan, toss for about 1 min add mushrooms and onions. Stir fry for 1 min and add back in sausage. Continue cooking until desired doneness on vegetables. We like our a little al dente.

 variations: can use any combination of stir fry veggies

No comments:

Post a Comment