Creamed Spinach

Ingredients:
2 1/2 lbs spinach-  a BIG bag
1/4 cream-warmed
4 ounces cream cheese-room temp
1/8 tsp nutmeg or to taste
2 TBL butter
1/2 white onion-minced
4 cloves garlic
salt, pepper to taste
1 cp parmesan cheese-
(good stuff, not the green can)


Sauce: Heat cream and cream cheese (small pieces) on stove to melt cream cheese, mix in nutmeg .
Saute: Melt butter in deep skillet or pan on medium, add onions, garlic salt & pepper. Cook until onions are slightly soft. Add spinach and saute til tender. Add sauce.

A really great side dish. We served this along side the yummy oven fried chicken. Here's a peek into my kitchen conversation. Mark: NOOOOOOO, I don't like creamed spinach. Me: I have a separate salad if you don't like it but at least try it. Dinner time..... Me: want the salad? Mark: NOOOOOOO, this is amazing I want more creamed spinach.
We scooped a piece of oven fried chicken into the creamed spinach. All I heard was ooooh's and ahhhhhhh's. So gotta say, if I made a believer out of my hubby, it has to be fabulous.

inspired by several recipes including Martha Stewarts

No comments:

Post a Comment