Meetballs over Sauted Cabbage

Spaghetti is one of my husband's favorite meals. When you add meatballs...he wants to marry me all over again. When I want him to know he's still #1 in my book I whip out Spaghetti with meatballs or Meatloaf. Since we have been doing a LC lifestyle I have to be more creative and still get the same effect.
I was thrilled as could be when I gave Lisa's 
"Meatballs Roma" a try out of her 24/7 Low Carb Diner Plan E-book. I purchased it some time ago and have been enjoying cooking and tweaking may way through it. I printed it out, put each page into plastic sleeves and binder. If you don't know how to get started on a Low Carb lifestyle, Lisa's E-book is a great way to launch and the recipes are common daily food that are converted to Low Carb...Five Stars from my family.
Of course I tweaked Lisa's amazing recipe a bit just because I can't control myself....
I serve the Meatballs over "Sauteed Cabbage". This is so great that you will never miss the pasta... really!!!!
Ingredients
Meatballs
1 1/2 Italian sausage-bulk
1 lb lean ground beef
1/4 cup dry minced
1 cup Parmesan Cheese (the can)
2 eggs
 Sauce
1 15oz can tomato sauce
2/3 cup water
2 Tbs Italian Seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup equivalent sweetener of choice (Splenda, Swerve, Zsweet)
 Preparation: In a large bowl, combine all meatball ingredients. Get right in there with your hands. Make into meatballs, (I make ping pong ball size).
Bake 375 for 20-25 mins.
 While meatballs are cooking, make sauce by adding all ingredients into a sauce pan and simmer on low until meatballs are done.

*Lisa's version of this makes twice as much and then you are able to serve now and freeze some for later. I have done this many times and it freezes great.

No comments:

Post a Comment